This feature allows for the redirection of users visiting a particular page. This can be useful when redirecting a short URL to a necessarily long URL.
Create a Redirect
To add a redirect:
- Use the pull-down menu to select the type of redirection needed; temporary or permanent.
- The Temporary 302 setting will not update the visitor’s bookmarks.
- The Permanent 301 setting will notify the visitor’s browser to update its records.
- Specify the URL you would like the redirect to affect using the pull-down menu and corresponding text box.
- You may use the All Public Domains option to redirect all domains controlled by your cPanel accounts.
- Specify where you would like the users accessing the URL specified above to land in the redirects to field.
- You must specify a protocol in this field, such as http://, https://, or ftp://.
- Using the buttons below the redirects to field, specify whether to redirect with or without www. preceding the URL.
- When you select Only redirect with www, only users who type www in front of the page name will be redirected.
- When you select Redirect with or without www., you will redirect all users regardless of whether the www. prefix is included with the URL.
- When you select Do Not Redirect www., users who type www. with the URL will not be redirected.
- Click the Wild Card Redirect box if you wish to redirect all files within a directory to the same filename in the new directory.
- Example: When wild card redirects are active, if
example1.com redirects to
example.com, then a visitor trying to access
example1.com/pic.jpg will be redirected to
- Click Add.
- You may test the redirect by clicking the link under Directory. This will take you to the original domain, which should be redirected, if it is properly configured.
To open a redirect’s home directory with the File Manager:
- Click the link under the Directory heading that corresponds to the addon domain you would like to view in the File Manager.
Remove a Redirect
To remove an existing redirect:
- Click the X button corresponding to the redirect you would like to remove.
- Confirm that you would like to remove the redirect by clicking Yes.
- To keep the redirect, click No.
Search Existing Redirects
You may also search through existing redirects:
- Enter the search criteria into the Search field.
- Click Go.
Results matching your search criteria will populate the list.
You may sort the list of redirects by clicking on any heading. The
redirects will be sorted according to the attribute you clicked (for
Backups (Views: 658)
Error Log (Views: 691)
Addon Domains (Views: 721)
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution