The File Manager is cPanel’s built-in web application for managing
and manipulating your website’s files from your personal computer. Most
users will feel comfortable using this file management tool.
cPanel provides a number of ways files can be manipulated within the File Manager. Its main interface, the File Manager toolbar.
- The New File button creates a new file with a user-defined file extension.
- The New Folder button creates a new folder in which files can be stored.
- The Copy function copies selected items to a directory you specify.
- The Move File button allows selected files to be moved to a new directory.
- The Upload button allows new files to be uploaded to a specified directory.
- The Download button downloads selected files to your computer.
- The Delete button deletes selected files from the server.
- The Rename button allows a selected file to be renamed.
- The Edit file opens an editor for the selected text or HTML files.
- The Code Editor button opens a code editor for the selected HTML or PHP files.
- The HTML Editor button opens an editor specifically intended for HTML files.
- The Change Permissions button allows the read/write permissions to be changed for selected files.
- The View button will open the selected files for viewing.
- The Extract button will decompress and extract a compressed file to a specified directory.
- The Compress button will compress selected files to a single .zip , .Gz , .Bz2, or .tar archive and store the zipped file to a specified directory.
Note: Certain functions of the File
Manager are designed for use with 1 file at a time. Any attempt to
rename, edit, or view multiple files at once will open only one file —
the file listed first in the directory.
Error Pages (Views: 600)
FTP Accounts (Views: 645)
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution